How to fix Error code 30175-4 (126) when installing Office
“Error code 30175-4 (126) when installing Office” occurs when our antivirus software, firewall, proxy settings, connection or third party software prevents you from installing Office.
Something went wrong. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Go online for additional help. Error Code: 30175-4 (126)
Causes of "Error code 30175-4 (126) when installing Office"
- Antivirus software and firewall might be blocking the Office installation
- Internet connections and proxy settings are presented to the installing office results
- Previous version of an Office suite is blocking the installation
- Incomplete, partial, failed repair, installation, change, or removal of a previous Office suite can prevent from installing a newer version.
Resolution of "Error code 30175-4 (126) when installing Office"
We have made a list of resolutions which you can try to fix the Error “Error code 30175-4 (126) when installing Office”. We have listed the solutions to resolve the error.
Performing the below-mentioned solutions and workaround help us to resolve the error “Error code 30175-4 (126) when installing Office” in Microsoft Office.
- Check Compatibility
- Temporarily disable the firewall
- Temporarily disable antivirus
- Restart the Computer in Clean boot – Disable all third-party software
- Remove Other Office Versions
2. Temporarily disable the Firewall
- Open the control panel and select the “System and Security” and then to “Windows Firewall”
- Then Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
- Select Turn Off Firewall for both public and private networks.
Turn On the firewall once you finished installing the Office.
3. Temporarily Disable Antivirus or Security Software
To workaround, this problem, try temporarily disabling your antivirus software and installing Office. If that doesn’t work, try uninstalling the antivirus software temporarily instead.
- Open Antivirus application installed on the computer and then click on settings and navigate to real-time protection.
- Turn Off real-time protection.Then Navigate to Antivirus firewall.
- Turn off Antivirus firewall. Then Click on YES or OK confirmation prompt if prompted.
Don’t forget to reinstall it after Office is finished installing and if you turned it off, be sure to turn it on again.
4. Restart the Computer in Clean boot
Office installation can also be interrupted if third-party services are conflicting with the office program which can result in Error code 30175-4 (126).
- Press Windows+R keys to open the Run box. Type “msconfig.msc” into the “Open” field, and then hit Enter or click on Ok to launch System Configuration.
- Note If you’re prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- In System Configuration window, from the General tab, select the Selective Start up radio button and uncheck “Load Startup Items” option.
- Switch to Services tab, click to select “Hide all Microsoft services” option at the bottom of the window, and click “Disable all” button to disable all non-Microsoft services.
- Click OK and then restart your computer.
After restarting, try to install the office. Make sure to run your computer in normal mode once you finished installing the Office.
5. Remove Other Office Versions
Office installation can also be interrupted due to erroneous residual files during the installation or un-installation of previous versions of Microsoft office
Consider removing Microsoft Office versions installed in the device and try to reinstall the Office program.
Uninstall Office from the Control Panel
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run command, type appwiz.cpl and click Ok. Or Open Control Panel –>Programs
- Right-click on the Microsoft Office product, and choose Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Microsoft Office Error code 30175-4 (126)?Microsoft Office Error code 30175-4 (126) appears when your antivirus software, firewall, proxy settings, or third-party software prevents you from installing Office.
How can clean boot be helpful in installing Office?Office installation can also be interrupted if third-party services are conflicting with the Office. Clean boot starts the Windows with a minimal set of services, drivers, and startup programs.
How to reinstall Microsoft Office?Visit www.office.com/myaccount and log in to your account. From the Office home page select Install Office.